Denver International Airport's (DEN) Hotel and Transit Center Program completes the original vision for the airport and is the first investment in DIA's Airport City initiative.
The new Hotel and Transit Center is made up of three independent, yet physically integrated projects, which include design and construction of:
- The 519-room Westin Hotel at Denver International Airport, which features all the amenities needed for the modern traveler and includes a 26,000-square foot conference center which holds up to 2,500 people
- A public transit center serving the new East Rail Line, a commuter rail line connecting Denver International Airport to downtown Denver in about 35 minutes, as well as all Regional Transportation District (RTD) buses serving the airport
- A public plaza, Denver’s newest venue for programs and events where passengers and visitors can find entertainment, relaxation, art and restaurants
DEN’s Hotel and Transit Center was built by MHS, a tri-venture made up of three leading contractors, Mortenson, Hunt & Saunders.
- Engineering News-Record (ENR), Mountain States – 2016 Colorado Project of the Year
- Engineering News-Record (ENR), Mountain States– 2016 Best Projects, Airport/Transit Category
- Associated General Contractors of Colorado ACE Awards – 2016 Project of the Year
- Associated General Contractors of Colorado ACE Awards – ACE Award, Project of the Year Over $70 million
- Travel Weekly – Gold Magellan Award
- Smart Meetings Magazine – Platinum Choice Award excellence in service and amenities among meeting hotels and resorts in the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean
Photos courtesy of Gensler