As a construction manager/general contractor, the health, safety and well-being of our employees, customers and business partners will always be the top priority. Saunders is taking a conscientious and collaborative approach to prevention and necessary caution to help address the public health concern related to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). We have taken actions to safeguard our business operations. We send well wishes to anyone affected by COVID-19.
Actions We’re Taking
- Our leadership team is monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and local agencies daily to ensure the actions we’re taking are in line with the latest recommendations and guidance. Saunders maintains regular communication with our employees to ensure their health and safety — and that of our customers and partners.
- All employees who experience symptoms, or been in direct contact with someone who is symptomatic or diagnosed, are to stay home. Saunders employees have options to work remotely or use paid time off (PTO), which covers sick leave.
- Saunders’ office locations are closed to visitors without an appointment. This closure will be in effect until further notice.
- As construction services are essential, Saunders’ project sites remain open and operational. All visitors must check-in with the project’s leadership ahead of time as well as comply with health screening, social distancing, and facemask protocols. Project site leadership will continue to monitor and communicate actions specific to each site per local health orders and the client’s direction. Employees are to contain their travel to their primary work location (e.g., project site or office).
- Employees with childcare responsibilities and/or circumstances that put them at higher risk of health complications are permitted to continue to work remotely.
- All employees, including trade partner employees, are required to wear facemasks while onsite or in the office.
- Our project leadership and trade partner leadership are required to conduct health screenings of all employees.
- Saunders has deployed technology and procedures to allow our employees to communicate effectively while working remotely. We do not expect disruption in our availability by email and/or phone. We have instructed our employees to maximize the use of teleconferencing for meetings in order to reduce personal contact.
- All Saunders offices and project sites follow a deep cleaning schedule using cleaning products approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Our offices and project sites have additional hand-washing and/or sanitizer stations available. Working in collaboration with our third-party industrial hygienist, signage detailing good hygiene practices is posted in multiple locations throughout our offices and project sites.
- Employees are to avoid gatherings with over 10 attendees unless approved by local variances.
- Any employee who must travel is encouraged to follow healthy travel habits and follow guidance by official sources of public health information, which may require the employee to self-quarantine for up to 14 days upon return.
- We’re continuing to follow the recommendations of the CDC and developed a response protocol, which includes quarantine, shut down, and cleaning policies and procedures, where there has been a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
- We are regularly providing information and access to resources for mental health and wellness through company communication channels.
- We donated our available supply of N95 respirators and negative air machines to healthcare organizations.
- Our leadership team is regularly monitoring the impact of any material delays to our projects and will communicate with our customers, trade partners and suppliers to discuss contingency plans if an impact is anticipated.
Updates on the status of our office and project operations will be conveyed via email as more information becomes available. This web page will also be updated with any changes that impact our response to this unprecedented situation.
For any questions or comments, contact our COVID-19 leader, Brad Marsh, at email@example.com or 303.699.9000.