As a construction manager/general contractor, the health, safety and well-being of our employees, customers and business partners will always be the top priority. Saunders is taking a conscientious and collaborative approach to prevention and necessary caution to help address the public health concern related to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). We have taken actions to safeguard our business operations. We send well wishes to anyone affected by COVID-19.
Actions We’re Taking
- Our leadership team is monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and local agencies daily to ensure the actions we’re taking are in line with the latest recommendations and guidance. Saunders maintains regular communication with our employees to ensure their health and safety — and that of our customers and partners.
- Office-based employees are to follow safe return to the office protocols including health screenings and no more than 50 percent occupancy at any time. All of Saunders’ offices are closed to visitors. Employees are to contain their travel to their primary work location (e.g., office or project site).
- Saunders has deployed technology and procedures to allow our employees to communicate effectively while working remotely. We do not expect disruption in our availability by email and/or phone. We have instructed our employees to maximize the use of teleconferencing for meetings in order to reduce personal contact.
- All Saunders offices and project sites follow a deep cleaning schedule using cleaning products approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Our offices and project sites have additional hand-washing and/or sanitizer stations available. Working in collaboration with our third-party industrial hygienist, signage detailing good hygiene practices is posted in multiple locations throughout our offices and project sites.
- All business travel is postponed until further notice. Any employee who has recently traveled to an international Level 2 or Level 3 region as defined by the CDC is required to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return.
- Employees are required to avoid gatherings with over 10 attendees until further notice.
- All employees who experience symptoms, or been in direct contact with someone who is symptomatic or diagnosed, are to stay home. Saunders employees have options to work remotely or use paid time off (PTO), which covers sick leave.
- All employees, including trade partner employees, are required to wear facemasks 100% of the time while onsite or in the office.
- Our project leadership and trade partner leadership are required to conduct health screenings of all employees.
- We’re continuing to follow the recommendations of the CDC and developed a response protocol, which includes quarantine, shut down, and cleaning policies and procedures, where there has been a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
- We are regularly providing information and access to resources for mental health and wellness through company communication channels.
- We donated our available supply of N95 respirators and negative air machines to healthcare organizations.
- It is important to note that many products and services provided to Saunders may originate from impacted regions. Our leadership team is regularly monitoring the impact of these delays to our projects and will communicate with our customers, trade partners and suppliers to discuss contingency plans, if an impact is anticipated.
Updates on the status of our office and project operations will be conveyed via email as more information becomes available. This web page will also be updated with any changes that impact our response to this unprecedented situation.
For any questions or comments, contact our COVID-19 leader, Brad Marsh, at email@example.com or 303.699.9000.